In case you missed it or just want to see it again…
In case you missed it or would like to watch it again.
You must be tired of the same old summer cooking. Enjoy some Say Cheese at the pool tonight, 5 – 8.
Enjoy the Last Food Truck of July with a special new truck Sunday, July 30, Tacos El Rey.
Crazy! This week it’s a THURSDAY Food Truck! Curley’s Q! Awesome BBQ!
Holy Crepes, Batman! It’s another Friday Food Truck. See you on the veranda this Friday, July 21, 5 – 8!
Show your team spirit by joining us for a fundraiser to support Old Farm Swim Club. Come in to the Chipotle at 10400 Old Georgetown Road in Bethesda, July 10th between 5:00pm and 9:00pm. Bring in the attached flyer, show it on your smartphone or tell the cashier you’re supporting the cause to make sure that 50% of the proceeds will be donated to Old Farm Swim Club.
Friday night, Levine Construction will be hosting a free happy hour full of heavy apps, food for the kids and adult drinks. See you there from 5-7:30pm
Tuesday, July 4, 10:30 – 2:30
Wear your most patriotic outfit and head to the neighborhood parade at 10:00 (starting at Farmland Elementary). Then, plan for lunch and swimming at 10:30 on the pool deck. We will have two food trucks, Holy Crepes and Hardy’s BBQ. There will be some games and general frivolity for a couple of hours before fanning out for your fireworks plans.
July 4th Party at the Pool
Old Farm Pool and Paddle Tennis Club is pleased to welcome everyone again this year to help us celebrate 4th of July.
The pool is free to everyone and opens at 10:30 after the parade reaches the pool.
- 11:00am – 2:00pm – Hardy’s BBQ truck will be serving up some award winning BBQ (Something new this year. Hopefully this will free up parents to enjoy the party and not be stuck on the grills all day).
- 11:00 – 2:00 Pool games with prizes, face painting, the Ice Cream Man, watermelon relay, coin toss, Parents v. Guards watermelon polo, cannon ball contests and more!
- 8:00 pm – Pool closes for the day so everyone can watch fireworks!
July 4th Party – take a village. If you have time – even 15 min, to help up, please sign up here: Sign Up to Help
Old Farm Community Parade Information
- WHEN: Parade starts at 10:00 am
- WHERE: Parade will begin in front of Farmland Elementary School
- WHO: Everyone is invited!
We will have flags for everyone to show off their red, white and blue! Once again, we will have our local firefighters and police officers leading the parade.
If you have a convertible and want to show your neighborhood spirit by being in the parade, deck them out in your finest patriotic gear, fill them with your family or friends and be a part of the parade! Plan to show up a little early so that we can line you up.
For the kids: start decorating your bikes, trikes, wagons or yourselves in red, white and blue!
We will be awarding prizes in the following categories:
- Best Wagon
- Best Stroller
- Best Bike with training wheels or Tricycle
- Best Bike
- Best Pet
- Most Patriotic
- Best Use of environmentally friendly materials
- Best other forms of transportation (scooters, rollerblades, basically, anything that is powered by humans but is not a bike).
IMPORTANT: A parade doesn’t happen by itself!!! If you can volunteer your time and energy, please e-mail Ed Rich as soon as possible at firstname.lastname@example.org and let him know how you wish to help.