Water Aerobics: Our 3rd year!
June 19 – August 11
- Sunday Mornings 10:30 – 11:15 AM
- Thursday Evenings 7:30 – 8:15 PM
- 8 classes – $64.00
- 16 classes – $97.00 Drop in: $10.00/class
Classes run by Wetyetwateraerobics
Download the water aerobics registration form today!
Masters Swimming: Our 3rd year!
June 13 – August 12
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday5:45 – 7:15 AM
Masters Stroke Clinic:
The fee for Old Farm members is $165 for Masters; $180 for stroke classes. The fee for non-Old Farm members is $195 for Masters; $210 for stroke classes.
Run by Tollefson Swimming
Download the masters registration form today!
Come out and purchase pizza by the slice or by the pie on Friday evenings at the pool. Proceeds support the Dive team! Come see us at the dive well after 6PM… $2/slice or $15/pie until they are gone!
We are looking forward to seeing you and your swimmers at Time Trials this Saturday morning. The meet starts at 8:30 am at Old Farm. Warm-ups start at 7:45am. We are having an “Old Farm” only time trials this year. The good news is that the meet should be short. Because it is just Old Farm swimmers, we need more timers. I have tried to assign timing based on your requests, but would greatly appreciate it if you could time the entire meet, if possible.
We will try to place veterans with new swimming parents whereever possible there will be no concession, so please bring drinks/snacks for your swimmers.
- King Head Timer: Richard Garrard
- Referee Extraordinaire: Larry Washington
- Sharp Shooter Starter: Lou Charlip
- 1st half: Batwinis, Lindsay
- 2nd half: Ohlrich, Yanovsky
Clerks, of Course: Matson/Nardella (or any other willing volunteers)
Read More »
It’s not too late to register for this Saturday’s Wine and Cheese Party.
Starting at 7:30pm, relax poolside with friends and neighbors while enjoying the nectars of nature, music and appetizers.
Event Info: $18 per person in-advance (check only)$20 per person at-the-door
With a special welcome to the parents of the Class of 2011!
If you have any questions, please contact Scott Speier. (firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-984-5757) We hope to see you there!
The 2011 season is underway and we have certainly gotten off to a good start. Swim and Dive team practices are held in the afternoons until Montgomery County Schools close and then we start morning practices in addition to afternoons. Our swim team has close to 125 swimmers and we have 45 registered divers. Those are great numbers!
Membership is is on track and right now we have almost the same number of members as we ended the 2010 season. Several of our returning Temporary Members have joined us as full Continuing families and we continue to look for our friends and neighbors who might be interested in joining. Just a reminder, that if you recommend a family that joins, as a “thank you”, we will give you a Guest Pass good for 10 guest visits. Purchased individually, that is a $50 value.
In the next few weeks there are many social activities coming up including the Wine & Cheese on Saturday June 11th. Pool closes for preparation at 5:30 pm on Saturday.
In only three weeks is our busiest day of the summer, July 4th!!! The committee is already starting to work of preparations for another fun-filled day of activities for our members and guests.
The Adult Luau is Saturday July 16th. More to follow as we get closer to that event.
Read More »
For those who have visited the pool, you may have observed the beautifully redone flagstone area, the new white canopy tents, and the vibrant blue umbrellas…but you may not have noticed that we completely refurbished the beach volleyball area. We added a ton (literally, for those of us who shoveled it into place) of new, soft sand to the court in the off-season, making it feel like you are just off the ocean.
We will be launching our regular Tuesday night volleyball games this evening @ 7 PM. We usually play until about 8:30 or 9 PM, so come join us. This is the only email that will be sent to the general membership. If you wish to receive a weekly reminder of the volleyball game, please just email me directly (email@example.com), and I will add you to the list.
Thanks, and I hope to see many of you on the beach at the pool this evening.
OFST Time Trials Saturday morning 6/11 – need RSVP
We are looking forward to seeing you and your swimmers at Time Trials this Saturday morning. The meet starts at 8:30 am at Old Farm. Warm-ups start at 7:45am.
Here are some important messages:
- We need you to RSVP to us by Wednesday at A_meets_oldfarm@hotmail.com to let us know if your swimmer(s) will or will not participate in Time Trials.
- We will assume at least one parent per family can volunteer at the meet. Please confirm in your email that if your swimmer will be there that you are available to work at the meet. We will send out an email later in the week with volunteer assignments.
- Please have your swimmers at Old Farm, ready to warm-up by 7:45am on Saturday.
- Swimmers please be sure to check in with the coaches, and parents please let the reps (Jill, Jay or Gail, Griff or Kathi) know you are there.
- If your swimmer cannot attend Time Trials, please confirm when you email his/her availability to attend the first B meet on Wednesday 6/15 so he/she can get timed there.
Looking forward to a great season,
Gail, Jill, Kathi, Griff and Jay (Gail phone 240 401 8389)
Relax poolside with friends and neighbors while enjoying the nectars of nature, music and appetizers.
- Saturday June 11 at 7:30pm
- $18 per person in-advance (check only)
- $20 per person at the door
With a special welcome to the parents of the Class of 2011! If you have any questions, please contact Scott Speier.(firstname.lastname@example.org or 301-984-5757)
We hope to see you there!
Hard to believe, but summer is definitely here. And today, we had our first swim team practice. Want to join to pool? How about the swim or dive teams? There is plenty of room for everyone and we welcome you to the best pool in town.
Welcome back to our stalwarts and welcome to our newest members! We are looking forward to a great season!
Jordan Rivera is returning as our head coach this summer, and he, along with his two assistants Erin Gatti and Jordan Ray, is looking forward to greeting you all this week. That’s right this week—-the pool is open and swim team practices start tomorrow, Tuesday, May 31.
Until MCPS closes we will have only afternoon practice. The schedule until school closes is as follows:
- Begins Monday, June 6th4:15-4:45 p.m
- Week of 6/6: Monday through Thursday
- Following weeks: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Beginning Tuesday, May 31st: Mondays through Fridays until week of 6/13
- After 6/13: Mon, Tues,Thurs, Friday
Ages 10 and under : 4:45-5:30 p.m. (includes warm-ups/ “dryland” training)
Ages 11-18: 5:15-6:30 p.m.(includes warm-ups/ “dryland” training)
First morning practice is Friday, 6/17
Some adjustments may be made in the afternoon practice schedule for individual swimmers depending on their abilities.
Read More »