Browsing "Swim Team"
The Eagles finished off the 1st week of competition by beating the Division K’s #1 seeded Kenmont 398-374.
Old Farm took the lead in the 1st event and it remaining close the whole meet, but it ended with Old Farm edging the top-seeded Kenmont Tsunamis featuring some excellent.swimmers. However, Old Farm proved to have even more and there were numerous personal bests and great swims by the Eagles, including six of our swimmers recording all star nominating times. The results from the A meet are up on our web site.
Both Montgomery Square’s and Old Farm’s teams have grown this year so the meet was a bit longer than usual, but the swimming was great at OFP (Old Farm Pool) on Wednesday night. The results from the B meet are up on our web site.
Once again the parent volunteers came up big on both Wednesday and Saturday. We really appreciate your help. The kids appreciate your support because it gives them a chance to have fun and also show everyone how hard they work and how much they improve. They really are amazing!
Special Hurrah to this week’s Exceptional Performer Awards (symbolized by the Old Farm water bottle) and Swimmer of the Week Awards (symbolized by the special swim cap).
This week’s Exceptional Performer Awards and the Swimmers of the Week will be announced Monday morning at practice. All Star times were achieved by:
- Jordan Ray (Free)
- Teresa DiGioia (Back, Fly)
- Jean-Sebastien Gaultier (Breast)
- Ethan Opdahl (Breast)
- Danny Dunn (Breast)
- Coby Zucker (Breast)
Here is the volunteer line up and roster for Saturday’s away meet against Kenmont. The meet starts at 9 AM. Warm-ups are at 8:10 AM. We are caravaning from Old Farm at 7:30 AM if you care to join us.
Everyone who has a swimmer in the meet should expect to work at least 1/2 of the meet. It is fun and a great way to get in on the action and have the morning fly by. If you are on the volunteer list please check in with Jill (red Old Farm baseball cap) so she can give you a stopwatch or your assignment. If you are not listed as a volunteer please let Jill know you are there in case someone does not show and we need you, as each and every parent is a crucial part of the success and timeliness of each meet! We will make sure you can see your child swim each event they are in no matter which job you have been assigned.
Thank you in advance for your committment to making the season fun for your children and for your contribution to helping to staff the meet.
Officials, please be at the pool at 8:20am for meetings and briefings.
- Starter: Charlip
- Assistant Head Timer: Garrard
- Stroke and Turn: 1st 1/2: Lindsay, Batwinis 2nd: Johannessen, Olhrich
- Clerks: Jungreis/Campbell
- Automation: Minsk/Daumit and Dunn
- Ribbons: 1st 1/2: Tublin, 2nd 1/2: Mirsky/Birch
- Asst. Meet Manager: Matson (please be at meet at 8:10 AM)
- Timers: (please be at meet at 8:20 AM)
- 1st 1/2: Birch, Batwinis, Johnson, Garson, Wagner, Rudolph, Shenken, Stewart, May
- 2nd 1/2: Williams, Zucker, Beach, Synder, Opdahl, Mahoney, Johannessen,Cernoch, Gautier
If your child cannot swim for any reason please email Griff at Griff17@yahoo.com at the latest by Friday morning.
Read More »
Morning practice for swim team starts tomorrow morning, 8:00-8:45 for 10 and under and 8:45-10:30 for 11 and up. It will be a fun Friday practice and doughnuts will be served at the end.
In addition for Saturday morning’s A meet at Kenmont we will have a caravan from Old Farm to Kenmont that will meet at 7:30 AM.
Warm-ups will start at 8:10 and the meet starts at 9:00.
See you at the pool
Coach Jordan Ray
Hot! Hot! Hot! Great swimming despite the swelter! The results of Time Trials are now posted in the meets results section of our web site. The parent volunteers did great as well — we really appreciate everyone’s help.
Summer Schedule: You will be receiving two emails today regarding the availability of your swimmers for the B and A meets this week. Please respond as indicated therein.
However, so we can more effectively plan ahead for all the scheduled meets (listed below), please tell us any meets (this week and beyond) any of your swimmers or you won’t be available by sending an email to:
Please send this information to us as soon as you can, and please update for any change in your circumstances by email to the same address as soon as you become aware of them.
- Wednesdays: 6/15, 6/22, 6/29, 7/6 and 7/13
- Saturdays 6/18, 6/25, 7/2, 7/9, 7/16 and 7/23
- Sundays 7/10 and 7/17
Remember, all OFST meets are denoted in our new Swim Team calendar (click on the event name to see more details including street address and map location).
Jill, Gail, Kathi, Jay and I would greatly appreciate this information.
We are looking forward to seeing you and your swimmers at Time Trials this Saturday morning. The meet starts at 8:30 am at Old Farm. Warm-ups start at 7:45am. We are having an “Old Farm” only time trials this year. The good news is that the meet should be short. Because it is just Old Farm swimmers, we need more timers. I have tried to assign timing based on your requests, but would greatly appreciate it if you could time the entire meet, if possible.
We will try to place veterans with new swimming parents whereever possible there will be no concession, so please bring drinks/snacks for your swimmers.
- King Head Timer: Richard Garrard
- Referee Extraordinaire: Larry Washington
- Sharp Shooter Starter: Lou Charlip
- 1st half: Batwinis, Lindsay
- 2nd half: Ohlrich, Yanovsky
Clerks, of Course: Matson/Nardella (or any other willing volunteers)
Read More »
OFST Time Trials Saturday morning 6/11 – need RSVP
We are looking forward to seeing you and your swimmers at Time Trials this Saturday morning. The meet starts at 8:30 am at Old Farm. Warm-ups start at 7:45am.
Here are some important messages:
- We need you to RSVP to us by Wednesday at A_meets_oldfarm@hotmail.com to let us know if your swimmer(s) will or will not participate in Time Trials.
- We will assume at least one parent per family can volunteer at the meet. Please confirm in your email that if your swimmer will be there that you are available to work at the meet. We will send out an email later in the week with volunteer assignments.
- Please have your swimmers at Old Farm, ready to warm-up by 7:45am on Saturday.
- Swimmers please be sure to check in with the coaches, and parents please let the reps (Jill, Jay or Gail, Griff or Kathi) know you are there.
- If your swimmer cannot attend Time Trials, please confirm when you email his/her availability to attend the first B meet on Wednesday 6/15 so he/she can get timed there.
Looking forward to a great season,
Gail, Jill, Kathi, Griff and Jay (Gail phone 240 401 8389)
Welcome back to our stalwarts and welcome to our newest members! We are looking forward to a great season!
Jordan Rivera is returning as our head coach this summer, and he, along with his two assistants Erin Gatti and Jordan Ray, is looking forward to greeting you all this week. That’s right this week—-the pool is open and swim team practices start tomorrow, Tuesday, May 31.
Until MCPS closes we will have only afternoon practice. The schedule until school closes is as follows:
- Begins Monday, June 6th4:15-4:45 p.m
- Week of 6/6: Monday through Thursday
- Following weeks: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- Beginning Tuesday, May 31st: Mondays through Fridays until week of 6/13
- After 6/13: Mon, Tues,Thurs, Friday
Ages 10 and under : 4:45-5:30 p.m. (includes warm-ups/ “dryland” training)
Ages 11-18: 5:15-6:30 p.m.(includes warm-ups/ “dryland” training)
First morning practice is Friday, 6/17
Some adjustments may be made in the afternoon practice schedule for individual swimmers depending on their abilities.
Read More »