The 2017 swim team season is almost here and it’s going to be great! Once again, FINS will be back at Old Farm to lead the Eagles to another winning season. Returning coaches Danny Charlip, Mike Scott, Kristin Scott, Celine Nugent and Danny Dunn will be joined by Old Farm’s own Julia Sandberg and Madeleine Stewart. In addition Old Farm welcomes Olivia Ragheb and Camille Hoffman-Dellet. There is a lot to look forward to so mark your calendars now (see dates below).
Registration Night: Wednesday, April 26th, 7:00-8:30pm at Farmland ES
Come see our coaches, FINS Director Nick Kaufman, and all your OFST friends. We will not be having swimsuit fittings at Registration Night but our team suit continues be the TYR Phoenix in Navy/Red/White available in both thick and thin straps. Check it out at http://www.tyr.com/shop/women-s-phoenix-splice-diamondfit-swimsuit.html. It is available for purchase at Cassel’s (formerly Aardvark Swim and Sport).
Preseason Parent/Volunteer Social: Wednesday, May 11th, 7:30
Stop for some snacks and refreshments and to find out you can help out this summer. We’ll be looking for volunteers to coordinate social activities, the Swim and Dive Banquet, and to help run meet concessions.
2017 Swim Meet Schedule:
Remember, you can automagically have the Swim Meet Schedule synched to your own personal calendar (scroll down to the bottom and click on the Subscribe button).
- June 10 – Time Trials HOME at 8:30 am
- June 14 – B meet AWAY vs. Rockshire
- June 17 – A meet AWAY vs. Kenmont
- June 21 – B meet AWAY vs. Tally Ho
- June 24 – A meet HOME vs. Manchester Farm
- June 28 – B meet HOME vs. Montgomery Square
- July 1 – A meet HOME vs. North Chevy Chase
- July 5 – B meet AWAY vs. Eldwick
- July 8 – A meet AWAY vs. Bannockburn
- July 11 – Long Course Meet (Invitational)
- July 12 – B meet HOMEvs. Inverness Recreation Club
- July 15 – A meet HOME vs. Inverness Recreation Club
- July 18 – Celine Silver Mini Meet at Tilden Woods
- July 22 – Divisionals at TBD
- July 29 – All-Star Relays (invitational)
- July 30 – Individual All-Stars (invitational)
Summer Practice Schedule:
Monday – Friday (starting May 30th – June 16th):
- 11& ups – 4:15 pm to 5:30 pm
- 10&unders – 5:20 pm to 6:15pm (stretches start at 5:20)
Pre Team & Little Eagles – 4:45pm to 5:15pm starting 6/12
M/Tu/Th/F (starting June 19th)
- 4:00 – 5:15 for 11 and older
- 5:15 – 6:15 for 10 and under
- Pre Team & Little Eagles – 4:45pm to 5:15pm
Monday – Friday (starting June 19th)
- 11 & ups — 8:50am to 10:15am (Stretches start at 8:50am)
- 10 & unders – 10:05am to 11am (Stretches start at 10:05am)
- Pre Team & Little Eagles – 10:30am to 11am
Pre-Team and Little Eagles Programs
Registration for the Pre-Team and Little Eagles Programs will not be accepted until after the pool has opened and an assessment has been conducted. Swimmers interested in the Pre-Team and Little Eagles Programs can sign up for an assessment online via Signup Genius once the pool has opened. Assessment sessions will be held June 6th -9th. During assessments, swimmers will be evaluated by the coaching staff to determine the appropriate group placement based on the criteria for each of the programs. Coaches will make swimmer placement recommendations by 6/10/15. Practices for both LE/PT will begin on 6/13. Please email Amantha Linkie at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Volunteers for SSL hours
Pool members interested in volunteering with the Swim Team for SSL hours should complete this form (link to form) with your availability and return it to Jenn Rudolph as soon as possible. Please email Jenn with questions at Rudolph.email@example.com. We need your help!!!