Dear Old Farm Swimming Families,
It’s been a blast to be able to get our season underway this week! We’ve been working hard to find the best way to structure our Summer season, and we want to share the exciting news.
Our season will continue starting this coming Monday morning (6/29), and morning practices will be offered to Old Farm swimmers all the way through the end of the Summer! That’s right – OF Swimmers will have access to regular morning practices until the end of August!
In addition, we plan to create periodic “swim meet” environments – so that swimmers get the opportunity to race. Coaches will also work to provide a fun Eagles season out of the pool: Movie nights, virtual talent shows, zoom hangouts for every age group, dry-land exercise programs, coaches drive-bys, fun ways to honor our graduating seniors, and much more! Spirit is a huge part of what makes the Eagles such a fun team. We know it will be different this season, but we are confident that it will be memorable and lots of fun for our kiddos! Here are the details:
- Cost is $135. This is a 1x feethat will cover swimmers participation starting this coming Monday and through the end of August (9 weeks).
- To start off, all swimmers will be able to swim at least 1x a week. Once lane capacity restrictions loosen, we will safely increase our practice sizes. If/when this happens, swimmers may be able to swim 3-4 a week. Despite the restrictions, we do foresee the majority of swimmers being able to swim 2x a week starting next week.
- Just like this past week, Swimmers will have to reserve their practice spots during our signup period. There will be a weekly initial signup period starting Fridays at 7pm, where all swimmers will be able to claim 1 practice time. There will then be a second signup period starting Sundays at noon, where swimmers will be able to sign-up for additional practices. Again, we will be keeping a close eye on County guidelines, and when we are able to safely accommodate more swimmers on a more frequent basis – we will.
- Practices will continue to be for “Strong 8&unders” and up. If at any point this Summer we are able to offer programming for our Pre-Team and Little Eagles groups, we will certainly do so! However for now, that’s not possible due to social distancing guidelines.
- We ask that even if you think your swimmer may not attend a lot of practices, but they want to participate in the ‘spirit’ events and ‘competitions’, they still sign up and pay.
- Even if you were not on the swim team last year or did not participate during the first week of practices this year, you can still sign up and participate in practices this summer!
- In order to participate, swimmers will register for the OFST season on the FINS home page (even if you already completed this step last week – you need to do it again). Payment is required at the time of registration. All swimming families hoping to participate in OFST 2020 must have completed the regular pool membership and payment process.
Here is our 2020 practice schedule starting Monday (6/29):
- 7:30am – 8:15am – (Mon & Thurs: Group C) (Tues & Fri: Group B) (Wed & Sat: Group A)
- 8:25am – 9:15am – Group A (Mon-Sat)
- 9:25am – 10:05am – Group B (Mon-Sat)
- 10:15am – 11:00am – Group C (Mon-Sat)
Keep an eye out for an updated “Groups List” coming soon! A few additional details:
- The daily 7:30am Practices will rotate for all age groups 2x per week. This will allow for more swimming opportunities for all OFST swimmers.
- Practice times are subject to change (slightly) as capacity restrictions change. Practices will remain in the mornings only, but the exact timing might vary if we find that we can accommodate swimmers in a more efficient manner.
- Saturday practices will end on August 1st. Regular practices will continue from Monday through Friday until August 28th.
Your Next Step:
- Register for the OFST 2020 season using the link HERE. We ask that all swimmers complete this step, even if you have already done this for practices this week. If you have more than one swimmer, please complete the registration individually for EACH swimmer.
- Once you have completed this step, you are ready to go for signups beginning TONIGHT at 7pm!
Ok, that’s it for now! Lots more to come in the days and weeks ahead. Summer 2020, here we go!