We are excited to announce that we will begin running practices for our Old Farm Swimmers starting THIS coming Monday (6/22). Our coaches are thrilled to be able to see our swimmers so soon! Below we will share important information to help us get the season underway as smoothly and safely as possible. As we can all imagine, this will be a season unlike any we’ve had in the past. We thank everyone in advance for their patience and understanding while we work to get things started and while we deal with the constantly changing rules and regulations that the months ahead will inevitably bring. It will be our staff’s top priority to keep the health and safety of all swimmers and coaches at the forefront of every activity we run this Summer. All CDC, local and state guidelines, and USA Swimming directives for safety and best practices will be followed closely by our staff. Here is everything you need to know:
This is how we will START our season:
- This coming week (6/22-26) we are going to be able to run a practice schedule that will accommodate OF swimmers at multiple times of the day (morning // midday // and evening).
- Starting on Monday, 6/29, our schedule will likely change and we will be swimming primarily in the mornings. We will update everyone on the 6/29 schedule and beyond soon.
- A reminder that FOR NOW, due to the health and safety guidelines in place, we are only able to work with swimmers who are able to swim a full length of the pool comfortably. This means that we are unable to accommodate those swimmers in our Little Eagles and Pre-Team groups. We are asking for “Strong 8& Unders and up” to join us for the time being. If you are unsure about the ability of your 8&under to participate – please email: email@example.com and we’ll let you know. We do hope that this will change as the Summer goes on, and we will keep everyone updated with that information.
The following applies ONLY to next week (6/22-26):
* All Swimmers who replied to our Swim Team Survey have been divided into 3 practice groups:
- Group A // Group B // Group C (Please see attached list to find what group your swimmer is in).
- These group divisions will allow us to efficiently run workouts for similar age and level swimmers within the restricted usage guidelines.
- For this upcoming week, all Swimmers may select UP TO 3 practice times in our initial registration period.
- The per swimmer & per swim cost for the week of 6/22 will be $15. This pricing will change in the week/s ahead as we adjust our program offerings to account for different practice times, changing capacity restrictions, staffing needs, and as we gain a better understanding of everything related to this new frontier that is Summer 2020.
- Our first signup period for this upcoming week will take place from Friday (6/19) @ 7pm THROUGH Saturday (6/20) @ 7pm. THAT’S TODAY! (we know, we know!!… short notice!!) During this initial signup period all OF Swimmers will be able to select UP TO 3 practices from their corresponding group offerings.
- Following an initial signup period, if there is space remaining, swimmers will have a second registration period from which to select additional remaining practice times. Instructions on how to signup for additionally available slots will be emailed out following the initial signup period.
- If your swimmer would like to participate in Swim Team Activities and you have not yet responded to our survey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can add your swimmer to a group.
Practice Times: (Monday 6/22 – Friday 6/26).
* Group A Practice Time Options: (Week of 6/22)
- 7:50 am – 8:50 am
- 11:50 am – 12:50 pm
- 3:50 pm – 4:50 pm
* Group B Practice Time Options: (Week of 6/22)
- 9:00 am – 9:50 am
- 1:00 pm – 1:50 pm
- 5:00 pm – 5:50 pm
* Group C Practice Time Options: (Week of 6/22)
- 10:00 am – 10:50 am
- 2:00 pm – 2:50 pm
- 6:00 pm – 6:50 pm
* Note: You may only sign up for the practice times which apply to your swimmers’ group placement (See Attachment). If you have any questions about which group your swimmer(s) fall into please reach out to (email@example.com) before signing up.
How to Sign Up?
* Step 1: REGISTER FOR THE OLD FARM SEASON
- All Old Farm Swimmers MUST REGISTER ONE TIME ONLY for the Old Farm 2020 Summer Season. The link to register for the Old Farm Swim Team will be sent TODAY (Friday 6/19) at 7pm via email.
- After you have registered, you are all set to start signing up for your practice times!
* Step 2: SIGN UP FOR YOUR PRACTICE TIME
- The specific Practice Time signup link for THIS coming week will be sent out TODAY (Friday 6/19) at 7pm via email.
- This initial registration period will last for 24 hours (Until Saturday (6/20) at 7pm) and will be first come first serve.
- ALL Swimmers will be able to signup for UP TO 3 practices for next week (6/22-26) during the initial signup period.
- Following the initial registration period we will send out another link to all families and those wishing to add practices will be able to select as many extra swims as they like and are available.
- Remember – Check your swimmers “group placement” and only select practice times from that group! If you have more than one swimmer participating this summer, please fill out the sign up unique to each swimmer.
Swimmer & Coach Safety: (PLEASE READ CAREFULLY!)
* Throughout the Summer and at every single activity, the number one concern for our staff will be to work diligently to make sure that the health and safety of our swimmers and coaches is prioritized. We ask that all swimming families review the following as to know what to expect when joining us this Summer.
- Swimmers will arrive at the pool parking lot and remain in their cars (or on their bikes) until signaled by a coach to line up at designated markers in the parking lot outside of the side gate. A numbered “X” will mark a spot in the parking lot, and each swimmer will be given a number which tells them exactly where to stand and wait for further instructions.
- Swimmers will be individually checked into the pool by a FINS coach at the OF SIDE GATE. For now, no use of the clubhouse or main front entryway will be allowed during OFST/FINS practices.
- At the time of check-in at the pool, all swimmers will be required to sign and verify the FINS Online Daily Screening Questionnaire – requiring all swimmers to answer the CDC, MoCo, and USA Swimming mandated personal health questions indicating current health status and that of family members.
- Swimmers may fill this screener/questionnaire out just prior to practice while waiting in their car with the help of their parent, OR: Our coaches will help those athletes that need assistance through this process.
- It will be online and very easy to access from your mobile device. All of this information will be securely stored online by FINS Swimming. This information may be used as a resource in the case of a positive test resulting in the need for contact tracing. HERE is a link to the FINS daily screener.
- Following the specific pathway laid out by FINS, and continuing to adhere to social distancing guidelines, swimmers will walk to their specific lane and enter the water. This entire process will be monitored closely by FINS Coaches dedicated solely to supervising swimmer entry into the facility and water. For now, lane usage will be restricted to 1 swimmer per lane. As this changes throughout the Summer, FINS will inform OF Families of the changes in capacity.
- Upon completion of practice, swimmers will exit the pool in an orderly manner which follows exact coaches directions. Swimmers will exit from their lane out through the side gate. This process will be orchestrated by coaches commands, and swimmers will maintain social distancing while exiting the pool through a specific path one at a time. Swimmers should then enter their car or ride their bike and head home. Swimmers are not allowed to “hangout in the parking lot”. We ask that everyone’s plans for how to get home and leave the facility be very well organized.
* Other Important Guidelines/Reminders for swimmers:
- Swimmers must follow all guidelines laid out by FINS in order to participate. Swimmers who do not strictly adhere to all safety rules will be immediately removed from practices and not be allowed to resume prior to receiving permission to do so by FINS.
- Swimmers should arrive at the pool with only their “Essential Swim Gear”. Caps, Goggles, Towel, and a (full) Water Bottle. These are the only items that swimmers should enter the facility with.
- For now, swimmers should not bring change of clothes, swim bags, swim gear to the facility, unless directed to do so specifically by FINS. If these less essential items are required, FINS will specify as such and designate a specific area for these items to be placed.
- Swimmers will be encouraged to wash hands thoroughly (or use hand sanitizer) prior to and after attending practice.
- We will do our best to limit the use of bathrooms. Swimmers should make an effort to use the bathroom PRIOR to getting to the facility. Bathrooms WILL be available for use in the case of an emergency. Bathrooms will be cleaned following an athlete or coaches usage by Lighthouse Pool Mgmt Staff.
- Swimmers should not attend practice if they or a member of their family are not in good health.
* Important Guidelines/Reminders for parents:
- All parents dropping off swimmers may observe practice while waiting in their car or in the parking lot.
- Parents will not be allowed on deck during practice in order to help reduce the number of people on deck at any given time. This is subject to change as restrictions and guidelines evolve during the weeks and months ahead.
* Coaching guidelines:
- All coaches will observe social distancing guidelines at all times.
- FINS will restrict the amount of coaches on deck at any given time.
- All coaches will wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times.
- All Coaches will sign and verify the FINS Daily Health Screening Questionnaire requiring answers to the CDC, MoCo govt, and USA Swimming mandated personal health questions indicating current health status and that of family members.
- Coaches will wash hands thoroughly (or use hand sanitizer) prior to and after attending practice.
- Coaches will not attend practice if they or a member of their family are not in good health.
Ok gang – This is just a start! Thank you for reading all the way through! More to come! And again, we appreciate your flexibility and patience as we kick things off.
As noted, the week of 6/29 and beyond will look quite different on a variety of fronts from this upcoming week. We will be working this week to get everyone those details soon so that we can get into as best a consistent rhythm as possible for the remainder of Summer.
Please reach out to us with any questions you may have. We are looking forward to getting back to the pool!
Your Old Farm and FINS Coaching Team