It has been a big week at Old Farm Pool, with a very successful New Member Meet and Greet this Sunday (a big thanks to Deirdre Lofft!), the first B meet on Wednesday, and now the School’s Out Party on Friday (and, always, food trucks!). We are expecting a very large crowd tonight, lots and lots of kids, plus the DJ, games, and general fun. Members are allowed to bring in their own camp chairs due to the big event today.
School’s Out Party!!!
- OK, this is going to be a wild ride tonight
- Heat Advisory – please stay hydrated, it will be over 90 degrees
- We have a water fountain and bottle filler by the Pepsi machine
- Chairs – it will be very, very full tonight – we are allowing members to bring their own camp chairs for the evening
- Food Trucks:
- Sunday 6/18 – Fly Pizza 4:30 PM – 8:00 PM. See: https://www.facebook.com/flypizzatruckdc
- Swim Team
- A meet, Saturday, 6/18 8:00 AM – Noon at Kentlands
- B meet, Wednesday 6/22 – 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM at Tally Ho
- Dive Team
- Practices are daily during weekdays, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM (no worries if you are participating in swim practices, there is time for both)
- Upcoming meets:
- Sunday 6/19 HOME meet against Mohican
- Sunday 6/26 HOME meet against Little Falls
- Free Youth Pickleball Clinic Saturday 1-3 – FULL (we will work on another event)
Reminders about some administrative stuff:
- Are you interested in sponsoring a social event or activity at the pool? Let us know: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Want to reserve a space at the pool for a party? Visit our Party Reservations page
- Realize you bring a lot of stuff to the pool when you visit? Leave it there, rent a locker for $50 for the whole season. We only have a few lockers left.
- Starting Saturday, June 18th, the pool will move to its normal summer hours:
- Sun-Thu 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Fri-Sat 11:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Lap swimming – we typically have three lap lanes open on weekdays and two on weekends
- During swim practice on weekdays from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM, there will be one lap lane available
- Please make sure you check-in at the front desk
- All guests need to be checked in, with names provided to the desk attendant
Have a suggestion or comment? Please email email@example.com
Know someone who may want to join the pool? Send them our way: firstname.lastname@example.org
School’s Out Pool Party on Friday, June 17th from 5:30pm to 8:00pm
Old Farm Pool invites all members to the annual School’s Out Party featuring a live DJ, dancing, contests, giveaways, dinner, and cash-purchase raffle tickets with a chance to win pool guest passes, restaurant gift cards, and other fun surprises!
Tickets will also be available at the door.
Each ticket covers pizza, chips, a drink, and a frozen treat, which can also be purchased a la carte, CASH ONLY.
Special thanks to our event sponsors: Weaver/Eckel Compass Realty and Paisano’s Pizza!