SPECIAL OPERATING POLICIES & PROCEDURES FOR SUMMER 2020
The following are the current policies & procedures for Summer 2020. Policies are subject to change.
- Pool will be open every day 11:00 AM – 9:00 PM
- Per county safety guidelines OFP is operating at a reduced capacity.
- Reservations are required to use the pool,
- Reservation time slots are:
- 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- 1:30 PM – 3:30 PM
- 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
- 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM
- Only members with reservations are allowed on the pool premises. No guests permitted.
- Members will enter and check-in at the main entrance, please keep six feet apart if there is a line
- At a minimum, members should wear face coverings during entry and exit, and when interacting with staff or other individuals not from their household. Masks should not be worn while in the pool itself.
- Bathrooms will be available, but we ask that members shower and change at home.
- Members will exit through the side gate leading to the parking lot
- At the conclusion of each time slot, there will be a 30-minute period for safe entry and exit of the pool. We ask that members leave the pool as quickly as possible at the conclusion of their time slot in respect for the next group and cleaning operations.
- We will be using an online reservation system for members to reserve pool time in order to limit capacity per County guidelines.
- Instructions and a link to reserve time is on the pool website and below
- Members will be able to reserve 2-hour ‘open swim’ slots. Lap lanes will be available for swimming during these“open swim” time slots on a first come, first serve basis.
- Members can make reservations in one week increments (Monday through Sunday), starting each Friday at noon.
- Each member can make three weekday reservations and one weekend reservation in advance.
- At noon on Friday immediately before the weekend members may book a second weekend time slot for the weekend we are entering. No more than two weekend reservations are allowed.
- During the weekdays only members may make same day reservations for open time slots that do not count against their weekday allotment. This is for weekdays only.
- Same-Day reservations can be made after 7:00 AM of that day, any reservations made before that time will be canceled.
- Members do not have to show up on time — you are free to use only part of your slot; you will not lose the time slot.
- The reservation system is monitored manually by your volunteer Board members. Please do your best to comply; your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- The reservation system is closed each Friday from 11:00 AM until noon, when it opens for the next week reservations and the second upcoming weekend reservation.
Reduced Capacity Time Slots:
- In order to serve our members who have been avoiding the pool due to COVID-19 concerns, we have set aside the below time slots as Restricted, with a maximum capacity of 8 families.
- Sunday 6:30 PM – 9:00 PM
- Tuesday 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- Friday 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM
- We ask that you please only book during these time slots if you or your family have been avoiding the pool specifically due to COVID-19 concerns. If you book in these time slots the Reservation Committee will be sending a follow up email reminding you of the special nature of these time slots and whether it was your intent to fill one of the time slots.
- Members may advance reserve up to two time slots each week.
- Same day reservations may only be made to these time slots if you are booking specifically to avoid crowds due to COVID-19 concerns.
Cleaning & Disinfecting Plan:
- In between time slots, the bathhouse and frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned by pool management/guards.
- All pool tables will be wiped down and chairs will be sprayed with disinfectant
- Each evening a full hose down and disinfection of the bathhouse will be performed
Old Farm Waiver:
- Members will be required to agree to a waiver in order to use the facilities.
- Pool furniture will be arranged in pods, spaced apart by at least 6 feet.
- We ask that if you need to move the furniture, please do so within the pod (or a short distance) but not to a new location within the pool. Please respect your neighbor’s social distancing.
- If members feel more comfortable, they may bring their own furniture, but it must be taken at the end of the session.
- Baby pool will be closed
- Grills will be closed
- Showers will be limited
- Bathroom access is limited to a maximum of 2 people at a time
- Your volunteer pool board will continue to assess conditions as the summer progresses and follow Montgomery County and the State of Maryland guidance on pool safety.
- As conditions change, the pool board will update members via email, the pool website, and on the pool bulletin boards.